Head's Blog #14 Jan 2019. Community Tea Party
Since Christmas, there has been so much going on. Mr Bilsby came to me before Christmas to suggest a Tea party for the elderly to be hosted by our students. His write up is below;
“In collaboration with the Watford Branch of Age UK, we held ‘Afternoon tea @ Westfield Academy’. Our special guests experienced entertainment from our talented students whilst enjoying sandwiches, cakes and refreshments. Our students were engaging with some good conversation about life today as a teenager and what it was like in their day! This all happened whilst enjoying a cup of tea, sandwiches and cakes with some made by one of our staff. Together the students and the senior citizens we made memories, which I am sure both will treasure for a very long time.
The whole event lasted for two hours and everyone had an enjoyable afternoon. We had a few table quizzes to keep the grey matter engaged, a game of bingo and a free raffle, with prizes donated by some of the school staff members.
Some of our special guests commented on how talented our student performers were, how polite and engaging they were and that it was like Christmas all over again. Some of our students were stunned by ‘tin baths’ ‘No central heating’ or no mobile phones! We are hoping that this will be one of many and that we supplied an afternoon that cheered up what would may have been a miserable January afternoon, seeing as Christmas had been and gone.”
Some quotes from some of the clitheroe clients that attended the afternoon tea at Westfield Academy
- The event was very well organized, a fun and friendly time with a great mix of ages, the food was delicious and set out beautifully, the performers should make the school very proud. (Ann)
- Thank everyone for a lovely day, it was great fun, the children singing was brilliant (Nancy)
- I had a very enjoyable afternoon at Westfield Academy the entertainment was first class, The young boy playing the piano was great, the bingo quizzes and raffle were really good and the tea and cakes were most enjoyable (Helen)
- I enjoyed the arrangement of getting everybody together, the help that all the students gave and how they mixed in so well, the arrangement of the musical sessions made me release how much schools have changed since I was there, Thank you for everything (Joyce)
- Everyone was very nice, the piano playing was excellent, all in all a very enjoyable afternoon, Thank you (Eileen)
- We were made very welcome, it was so nice meeting the students, the whole afternoon was really enjoyable, Thank you to everybody (Eve)
- I really enjoyed it, all the entertainment made me very happy (Keith)
- I thoroughly enjoyed all the entertainment, there was something for everybody, the food was wonderful, everyone was so friendly and all the children were great, it exceeded all my expectations. Thank you to everyone for a lovely afternoon.(Glad)
- It was a very enjoyable afternoon and I would like to thank everyone for having us (Betty)
- It was excellent so much talent, the food was also lovely, everybody was so friendly and all in all a very nice afternoon, and I would like to thank everybody for organizing it. (Edelgard)
- I enjoyed everything, it was so lovely, thank you so much to everybody for organizing. (Pat)
Thank you to Mr Bilsby and everyone involved.
Feedback from Age Uk
Sorry for not emailing you sooner but I have been on annual leave, The event you arranged was fantastic, the clients all had a wonderful time, I will get some quotes from them this week to feed back to you, but know from the conversations that I have already had how much they enjoyed it, the students were lovely and so talented, it would be great if we could continue working together, I also thought that maybe at some stage we could host the students here ?
I would really like to get some dates in for the IT training do you have a day that works best for you ?
Project Lead Clitheroe Health and Wellbeing Centre